Value Chain PartnersLeave a Comment
Primus Aerospace and Raloid Corporation focus primarily on the production of machined parts, but our customers require completed parts / assemblies that can be readily assembled into weapon systems, aircraft, and spacecraft. This means that we maintain strong relationships with a variety of companies that provide finishing services to prepare the metal parts for usage. These supply chain vendors include chemical processors, painters, heat treaters, specialty grinders, and many more.
Typical processes that Primus / Raloid utilizes with outside processors
- Chemical Film (also known as Alodine, Iridite, Chromate Conversion Coating, or Conversion Coating)
- Top Coat
- Nickle coating (electric and electroless)
- Zinc coating
- Gold plating
- Heat treatment
- Stress relief
- Specialty testing / inspection
- Chemical testing
- CT scan
Top vendors we work with
What does it take to work with us?
- Qualify onto our approved supplier list (ASL) – we work closely with our supply chain partners to go through our supplier qualification process. This helps us feel comfortable with your company and processes
- Be willing to work with our flow down requirements – flow down requirements are important because they layout how we will work together. This covers everything from first article inspection (FAI) procedures to certifications we need from you to provide final document packets to our customers.
- Preferably NADCAP, AS9100 or ISO certified for chemical processing, quality system, or specifically for that special process – while not always required, certifications increase our comfort and our customers comfort that your business complies with aerospace quality standards
- In some cases, you must be on our customer’s ASL – For many projects, our customers require companies that are performing special processes to be on their ASL (in addition to our own). If you are already on their ASL, great! If not, we may be able to work with you in order to get you qualified. This can range from a paper / desk audit to in-person inspection to a qualification order.
- Sense of collaboration – Many of the projects we work on are cutting edge and will require up-front collaboration between your planning / engineering team and our production / engineering / quality team to iron out any issues. We value this level of collaboration as it allows us all to deliver quality parts to the end customer.
- Commitment to quality, delivery performance, and competitive price – In the end, these three attributes are the most important and allow both companies to be competitive. When an issue happens (be it an escapement, an RMA, or just an engineering clarification), our team will work diligently to get to the right answer. We expect the same level of commitment from all of our partners.