Eliminating Manufacturing Error with Multi-Axis Machining
Complex, Critical Parts Require Precise and Tight Tolerance Machining Techniques
Behind the most complex aerospace and defense parts in the world is multi-axis machining. There is no room for manufacturing error when so much rests on the mission-critical performance of each component, and we ensure our solutions meet or exceed even the most stringent customer and program specifications.
What is Multi-Axis Precision Machining?
Components for aerospace and defense applications are often highly complex and require a range of tolerances, resistances, and exacting measurements. Primus is uniquely positioned to meet these requirements with the use of advanced precision CNC equipment.
Our multi-axis equipment is able to move in up to 7 directions to cut complex angles, produce shapes and arcs, and sculpt various materials.
- Creates improved surface finishes with close cutting that results in fewer vibrations, higher quality, and faster production times
- Requires fewer set-ups, lowering the risk of losing precise alignment for the drilling process
- Reduces cost and production times by cutting material in one place with one machine
Our Multi-Axis Machining Equipment
At Primus, we have an expansive fleet of equipment with more than 60 primary machines, including:
- Citizen Swiss 9-Axis centers
- Velo Sapphire 3D Titanium Printer
- Okuma 5-Axis Vertical Milling centers
- Okuma 6-Axis Mill-Turn center
- Mori DMG 7-Axis mill turn machines
- Mori DMU 5-Axis milling machines
- Mazak 4-Axis CNC vertical machining centers
- Mazak 5-Axis milling machines
- Doosan 4-Axis milling machines
- Doosan VTL
- Haas 3-4-5-Axis milling machines
- Matsuura 5-Axis milling centers
- Brother High Speed 3-5-Axis milling centers
- SNK CNC turning centers
- Okuma 5-Axis milling machines
- Haas CNC turning centers
- FMS q/ 48 station pallet system
- Fanuc robotic loading systems
Our full complement of high-quality machinery allows us to deliver a range of services that enable precision manufacturing of complex and mission-critical parts.
5-axis aerospace machining
Complex milling and turning
Exotic material machining
Casting and forging machining
Micro-tube machining and bending
Gear racks and gear pinions
We Don’t Just Create a Part, We Perfect It
Our years of experience working with highly-complex aerospace and defense designs has given us a unique advantage over competing suppliers who may possess the right machining equipment but lack the right level of program experience.
- Turnkey Program Management and Integration
- Secondary Machining, Finishing, Assembly, and Testing
- Design and Engineering Support
- Prototype and Full-Run Production Capabilities
Meeting Industry Specifications Within Exacting Tolerance Thresholds
Our capabilities in producing machined components include a wide range of tolerances.
- 5-Axis Machining: .060” to 60” in rotation
- Complex Milling: .060” to 84” in length
- Complex Turning: .060” to 38” in diameter
- Thin-Walled Machining: .101” wall thickness on cylindrical housings, deep pocket milling and micro-tubing
- Dimensional tolerances are held to 0.0001” +/-
- Measurement tolerances are held to 0.0000020”